It is our mission at Mad Toast Live! to present a wide variety of musical acts in and around Madison Wisconsin, but we will also consider touring regional and national acts. While we actively seek out artists to perform on the show, we also accept submissions. In order to maintain the high quality of the show, we ask that all submissions meet the following criteria:
- The performer must own the copyrights on the material they are playing. ONLY original and public domain material will be included on the broadcast. No covers please, unless you have written consent from the songwriter or copyright holder.
- We need an image for online promotion and an mp3 for radio promos. Promotional materials should be sent to us at least 4 weeks before the live show when possible.
- Very basic promotion is provided by the venue, our shows are listed in the local music calendar listings, and we do local posters and flyers, but we'd rather you not play to an empty room, so PLEASE PROMOTE YOUR SHOW TO YOUR AUDIENCE. A good crowd response will make the podcast even better.
- For our regular shows (non-ticketed concerts), the door charge and/or donations are split between the performers (unless otherwise arranged). IT IS IN YOUR BEST INTERESTED TO HELP US GET AS MANY PEOPLE TO YOUR SHOW AS POSSIBLE.
- By performing on Mad Toast Live! you agree to give the show exclusive rights to use the performances for broadcast, podcast, promotional use, or commercial use without any compensation unless arranged. Artists are allowed to use the material for their own purposes, but are asked to sign a waiver before the show.
- A portion of the show is conversation between you and the hosts. All musicians are encouraged to participate. We are looking for a perspective on the music and the personalities of the artists. This gives the listener context when listening to your music. Remember - just be yourself!
- Chris and Mary play a wide variety of instruments. If you would like them to accompany during the show, send them an mp3 of the songs you want them to play on. Feel free to include charts or other relevant information. This is required 2 weeks before the date of the live show.
- Profanity is acceptable if you choose to use it--just gauge the audience as you would normally do (there are sometimes children present)--the podcast will simply be released with a Parental Advisory Mature Audiences tag. Mad Toast Live! is broadcast in the Madison, WI area on 89.9FM after 10pm when the FCC rules against profanity aren't regularly enforced (unless someone complains). If we move a timeslot, your episode may no longer be eligible to be aired.
- Shows at the Brink Lounge are the first and third (and fifth) Tuesdays between 6pm and 9pm. Other times could be available depending on the availability of the room, hosts, and crew.
- Mad Toast Live! can come to you. If you can't perform on our usual Tuesday evenings or have a show lined up elsewhere, our operation is completely mobile. We can do the traditional format onstage. The other option is to play your show as usual and record a "green room interview" before or after the show. A onetime fee of $200.00 will be required a week before the show to cover the cost of production. Shows outside the greater Madison area will require a transportation fee.
We appreciate your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.